Monday, September 16, 2013

What kinda "Artist" are you?

Hello again! 

Being a Make-Up artist is my passion! I have finally found the career I want to wake up to everyday. Not many people get to realize their dreams and actually live them. So now, on to the more complex issue, what kind of Make-Up Artist do I want to be? 

Do I want to be a "Beat Face" Artist? This is the most popular type of MUA in the public now. It is the very creative, bold, outgoing artists who aren’t afraid to take risk. I worry though; will this type of artistry transcend time? Will this type of artistry be relevant in 10 years?
(@beatfacehoney on IG. I absolutely love her work)

Maybe I want to be a "Bridal" Artist. This type of artistry is very soft, pretty, classic makeup that will look beautiful for years to come. But is it too safe? Will it test my creative abilities? 

I have always loved the "Editorial" Artist. Now this is the HIGH fashion, totally out the box, inventive artist. I could start trends, be featured in fashion magazines or runway shows. But am I THAT creative? Could I step outside of what I know to explore the unexplored? 


I DO NOT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

And that's ok. We as beginning MUA's can explore our many options and chose which lane we want to be in, or chose not to be in a lane at all. I am so excited to try different artistry avenues and figure out what my niche will be. 

One thing I know for sure, I will not be a one lane artist. I want to dibble and dab in many different things and be amazing at them all. So for now, I will PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. 

Where do you want to fit in with the MUA world? Do you want to fit in? 

Talk to me! 

Till next time.... *SMOOCHES*

(None of these pictures are my work, you probably knew that, but just for the record.)

1 comment:

  1. Gurrr I just wanna be thee best artist I can be!! Oooooh I just love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete