Sunday, April 6, 2014

"Vision without action is merely a dream"

Hello All!

Long time no write!

Yes, that is my fault, but I hope you all have been well. I wanted to give you guys an update on what I've been up to lately.

First, I have been really focused on becoming a healthier me. I have really put a strong focus on my eating habits. Also, I have been attending a Spin class and Body Pump class about 3-4x a wk. So far, I have noticed MAJOR changes in my body, for the better!

Now on to makeup!!!! I have FINALLY decided on what kind of Makeup Artist I want to become. This has really been a task for me. My fear was that I would be confined to a box, a one trick pony; you get the idea.

One day last week while waiting in the grocery line, I looked at the magazine racks and thought, "wow, it would be really cool for my work to one day be on the cover of one of those!". Then, I noticed, none of those cover girls had extreme makeup on. They all had clean, natural makeup that enhanced their God given beauty. Thats when it hit me! I want to be an enhancer of beauty; I want my work to be relevant in 10 years;  I WANT THE COVER OF VOUGE (if Kim K can, so can I)!!!!

I will not be a "beat face artist", there I have said it. No offense to those of you ladies who take pride in this statement, its just not my lane.

As an African American MUA, it is often assumed that I only handle other "black folk". I want to be known for making EVERYONE beautiful. To be frank, I want to be rich. I want magazines/TV shows to seek me out because I am able to handle any client that sits in my seat.

My dream is not be be famous, but to be known. I am currently working towards getting out of my own way and getting out of my comfort zone. I have a vision that is in need of some action, so here goes nothin'!

Until next time...

**Smooches

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Manda! It always feels a lil scary when we take that leap, but once you've done it, you want to take more until there is NOTHING or NO ONE stopping you! Like you said before, our dreams should scare us; if not, we're not dreaming BIG enough;) ♥♡ YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it, girl!! That's amazing and you can most definitely do it.

    ReplyDelete