Friday, August 23, 2013

When one door closes....

Well hello there!

At this very moment in my life, I truly understand the saying "When one door closes, another one opens". This post is simply about how once you place all your faith and energy in your dreams, doors will be opened for you.

About 6 months ago I was in the process of planning a girls trip to the Dominican Republic, and I was SOO excited about it. I talked to a travel agent who was more than happy to plan this trip with me. I got all my friends together; we decided on the dates, resort, and flights and made our non-refundable deposit. A couple weeks after making the deposit a couple of the ladies backed out of the trip...WHOMP WHOMP!!! I was a bit upset, but I figured there were still enough ladies to still make the trip fun! THEN, two other ladies backed out. At this point I was so disappointed. I had been looking forward to this vacation for so long AND had already spent money (that I couldn’t get back) to go. At this point there would be only two ladies going, so we decided to eat the loss of the deposit and cancel the vacation.

I was devastated. All that hard work and planning gone out the window. I was talking to my friend and he reminded me that everything happens for a reason and I shouldn’t get too down about it, Lord was he right.

About 2 months ago I decided to put all my energy into building my MUA (Make-Up Artist) dream. I started this blog, ordered business cards, continued to build my kit and really start vocalizing my talent as an MUA. By doing that, I have received so many great opportunities. TODAY was the day we were supposed to be leaving for 5 days to the DR. Instead, this weekend, I have 4 events booked doing what I love. If I was on the beach, I wouldn't have been able to book these jobs.

WON'T HE DO IT!

I just knew I would be so down about not going on vacation, but instead, God has allowed me to be more focused on moving forward with my dream. I couldn't be more grateful to my friends who backed out of that trip, they allowed me to be free to book jobs to further my career.

My hope is that my readers understand that everything in life, including your dreams, WILL NOT go as we planned. But thank God his plan is so much better than what we could even dream.

Come back later, Ill have some post up about my Makeup filled weekend :)

Until next time..... Smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! God is SO faithful even when we think we know what's good for us. He is the best and clearly knows what's best. Imagine all we would miss out on or the terrible situations we would encounter if we only acted on what WE believe is right for us?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its me gurrr!! Yo big bro......WON'T HE DO IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sooo love this! Its not only inspiring but a testimony! Continue to P.U.S.H (pray until something happens) forward and HE will see you through!! The BEST has yet to come! So proud of you Amanda!! Keep it up! :) **Love you**

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very inspiring! I love how God turned your disappointing situation into something better than the 'vacation of your dreams.' This is the REAL dream come true! So proud of you, little sister :)

    ReplyDelete